Our mission is to give people the power to share and make the conscious community more open and connected. Every day, people come to Literal Substance to share their stories, see the world through the eyes of others and connect with friends and causes. The conversations that happen on Literal Substance reflect the diversity of a community of more than one billion people.
We want people to feel safe when using Literal Substance. For that reason, we’ve developed a set of Community Standards, outlined below. These policies will help you understand what type of sharing is allowed on Literal Substance, and what type of content may be reported to us and removed. Because of the diversity of our global community, please keep in mind that something that may be disagreeable or disturbing to you may not violate our Community Standards.
- Helping to Keep you Safe
We remove content, disable accounts, and work with law enforcement when we believe there is a genuine risk of physical harm or direct threats to public safety.
- Encouraging respectful behavior
People use Literal Substance to share their experiences and to raise awareness about issues that are important to them. This means that you may encounter opinions that are different from yours, which we believe can lead to important conversations about difficult topics. To help balance the needs, safety, and interests of a diverse community, however, we may remove certain kinds of sensitive content or limit the audience that sees it.
- Keeping your account and personal information secure
We work hard to help keep your account secure and protect your personal information. By joining Literal Substance, you agree to use your authentic name and identity. You may not publish the personal information of others without their consent.
- Protecting your intellectual property
Literal Substance is a place for you to share the things that are important to you. You own all of the content and information you post on Literal Substance, and you can control how it is shared through your privacy and application settings. However, before sharing content on Literal Substance, please be sure you have the right to do so. We ask that you respect copyrights, trademarks, and other legal rights.
Our global community is growing every day and we strive to welcome people to an environment free from abusive content. To do this, we rely on people like you. If you see something on Literal Substance that you believe violates our terms, please report it to us. We have dedicated teams working around the world to review things you report to help make sure Literal Substance remains safe.
Governments also sometimes ask us to remove content that violates local laws, but does not violate our Community Standards. If after careful legal review, we find that the content is illegal under local law, then we may make it unavailable only in the relevant country or territory.
Please keep the following in mind:
- We may take action any time something violates the Community Standards outlined here.
- We may ask Page owners to associate their name and Literal Substance Profile with a Page that contains cruel and insensitive content, even if that content does not violate our policies.
- Reporting something doesn’t guarantee that it will be removed because it may not violate our policies.
- Our content reviewers will look to you for information about why a post may violate our policies. If you report content, please tell us why the content should be removed (e.g., is it nudity or hate speech?) so that we can send it to the right person for review.
- Our review decisions may occasionally change after receiving additional context about specific posts or after seeing new, violating content appearing on a Page or Literal Substance Profile.
- The number of reports does not impact whether something will be removed. We never remove content simply because it has been reported a number of times.
- The consequences for violating our Community Standards vary depending on the severity of the violation and the person’s history on Literal Substance. For instance, we may warn someone for a first violation, but if we continue to see further violations we may restrict a person’s ability to post on Literal Substance or ban the person from Literal Substance.
Not all disagreeable or disturbing content violates our Community Standards. For this reason, we offer you the ability to customize and control what you see by unfollowing, blocking, and hiding the posts, people, Pages, and applications you don’t want to see – and we encourage you to use these controls to better personalize your experience. People also often resolve issues they have about a piece of content by simply reaching out to the person who posted it. We’ve created tools for you to communicate directly with other people when you’re unhappy with posts, photos, or other content you see on Literal Substance.